Monday 4 March 2013

A new phase, a new chapter.

Am proud to announce, that I am unofficially done with my phase in polytechnic (tertiary) education as of last Friday. Well, that is, if I do not have to take any supps. HOPEFULLY NOT! Will be an official graduate on the 20th May, if I can een be bothered to go get my cert... Feeling all sorts of reluctant and unwilling to do so, mainly because then it would mean a real closure to all the happenings in poly! Which, for some reasons, I don't feel like parting with.
 
I must say, the transitions from primary to secondary and then from secondary to tertiary was pretty smooth, because the only thinking we ever had to do was just to decide which school we wanted to go, and then whether to take JC or POLY, and then which course.
 
But now that we're done with poly, it's a whole new world. JC kids may have it easier since they most definitely would move on to university. But what about us poly students. Especially those whose grades aren't as well off as our peers, and can't make it into and local U. It's a challenge even just deciding what course to study in U, much less, having to think about which U would be better, would be cheaper, would be more suitable.
 
Then again, there's the question on whether we should even study, or just go look for a job. And there's our second problem. Should we go for part-time or full-time. If full-time, honestly, what would even be suitable for me? I have zero inclination on what I want to do in the future, studies or work. How am I even supposed to start searching.
 
So much pressure from all around, asking me to study, and then to look for temporary jobs... Seriously, I want, no, need a job. But, part, or full time? And even then, what should I work as that would add credibility to my CV/resume? Why is it so difficult to even choose?
 
Help me out here please? Which would be a better choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment