Saturday 8 March 2014

Dismal

I've dieted so many times I can't even count how many different types I've tried.
Some, gives me good lasting results, whilst others, are mere temporary water weight lost.

I've been on a variety of fruits and/or vegetable diets, often lasting 3-5 days which sees me losing 2-3kilos by the end of the third day. Low carbs, or as low as I can manage.. I love rice.
But the most recent, (on-going) diet I'm attempting is just dismal, and makes me really miserable.
It's a 7 day fruit and vegetable diet which I came across, with fixed meal plans, and depending on how closely you follow the diet, it states that one should be able to lose 7-8kilos at the end of the diet.
Am currently half way through D4, and the results are proving to be far from so.

Started of as such:
D1: _2.4
D2: _0.8 = >1.6kilo
D3: _0.4 = >0.4kilo
D4: _0.3 = >0.1kilo

Which makes it only a total of 2.1kilos down from my start weight, on D4. If, judging by the rate I'm dropping the kilos, it'd never attain the 7-8kilo weight loss it stated.

But, that's still fine, because not every diet works for everyone. What has me so miserable is that fact that even on my one meal a day diet, which I maintained for 2 months and lost 8kilos and maintained for over a year and counting, with another 2kilos shed somewhere along the way, didn't have me feeling quite as hungry constantly as I am on this diet.
My tummy is constantly growling, and I have this urge to snack so bad from the moment I wake up, that I actually end up eating a few nuts here and there to quell my stomach because the fruits and vegetables just doesn't cut it.

Perhaps that's why the weight didn't go down after day 2, because that's when the weird stomach happened, and even at this very moment, my tummy is growling, ferociously!

I still have another 3 days to go, and hopefully the results would make a turn for the better over the next few days, and since I get to include a cup of rice in my meal the next 3 days, my stomach wouldn't be quite so bad anymore, but honestly, I have half a mind of giving up on this diet already. Really never have I felt so upset and miserable when dieting, this is just crazy.

/give me strength to carry on!/

P.S: Although my BMI is now within the acceptable range based on height and weight, it really is just barely scrapping through, and I really do hope to be able to bring it down some more... About 5-6kilos from my own goal to an ideal weight for myself. But let's be honest here, I definitely won't say no to losing more, so let's just hope this works out well in the end, yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment